Friday 1 May 2015

Crafts and Jumble

Double Ewe Designs
Bizzy B's
Inkbison



Last Sunday morning I strolled through the morning sunshine to a Craft and Jumble sale at an arts venue, called the Fleeting Arms, in York. A little selection of vintage clothing, jumble and handmade crafts greeted me, and I spent a pleasant hour conversing with some of the stallholders, admiring their handiwork and spending pennies on some little treasures.
Miss Trout
Mr Fox's Upcycled Clothing
Below are my treasures; 2 are going for gifts in the long run, so I felt entirely justified, the very pretty pug card and lovely handmade little bag. My own for keeps are the beautiful crochet bracelet below from Double Ewe Designs (I lusted after her crocheted roses but decided I could wait for a birthday for such beauty...) and, in tribute to my personal geek (if you get the reference, high five), a little silver plated pendant from Blathnat Jewellery.


I then spent my Sunday afternoon admiring my purchases and sighing for my own lack of crafty skills. Can anyone recommend a craft hobby for someone with no hand or eye for such things?


8 comments:

  1. LOVE that pendant!! I've always said if I were ever to get a tattoo, it would be that symbol... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Sometimes my inner nerd breaks free and when I saw this, I had to have it...

      Delete
  2. I did a beginners' dressmaking course last Spring, which was great, and I made a full summer dress during the ten weeks. I want to move on to upcycling fabric stuffs. I've heard knitting and crochet are good simple crafts to ease you in. I also recently bought a ukelele to learn for fun, and baking is always good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas, thank you! I used to do some hand sewing and even own a sewing machine somewhere - just never got to grips with it! I upcycled a dress recently by hand dying it - check out my latest post :) I do bake sometimes as well - does that make me already crafty?

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing, I love it! x

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super - there is nothing like a stroll around a fair - I love craft fairs, book fairs, food fairs, all are welcome :)

      Delete
  4. everything looks lovely! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stalls were all beautiful! If they do another I will be going again for sure - perhaps avoiding spending too many pennies, though :)

      Delete