Sunday 31 May 2015

Eats | Trinity Kitchen, Leeds


During a recent trip to Leeds, it was recommended by a friend that I try out the Trinity Kitchen, which is in the Trinity Shopping Centre in the city centre. It was described to me as the "how you dreamed the food court would be in your childhood". Fortunately, there was not a jacket potato based pun in sight.

In the interests of trying out at least 2 vendors, I opted to go for a main course and a pudding. There was such as wide variety of options available that it took some choosing; I eyed up Vietnamese Pho, Burritos and Thai curries, before finally giving into the unladylike, but deadly temptation, of sticky, spicy pork ribs, from the Chicago Rib Shack.

 

The ribs, which came in either spicy or BBQ, came with a nice little portion of good fries, a dish of coleslaw and a homemade iced tea. They were delicious, meaty and full of flavour. I thoroughly enjoyed them, more so in the knowledge that the whole thing had cost me only £8.00. My companion also partook of a pizza place, which provided a fresh tasting, medium sized pizza for a similar price. So far, so tasty.

Once I had dabbed away from the rib sauce from my fingers - with a handy wet wipe provided by the vendor - I moved onto a sweet treat I had had my eye on during my cruise around the stalls/vans; the Bournville Waffle Company.





I chose the Rocky Road waffle, as above, and enjoyed it very much. A masterpiece of culinary sweetness? No, probably not, and definitely not as much of a find as the ribs. A wholesome, warming pudding? Oh yes. I was left feeling very satisfied.

In short, I enjoyed my experience, which was cheap and cheerful, with some surprisingly good food on offer. I cannot wait to go back and try something else - if I can tear myself away from the ribs, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment